Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

3D Printed knob for Inon Z240

Started by Alexx ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

3D Printed knob for Inon Z240

13 posts
  1. Hy guys,

     

    As 3D printing is now popular and price friendly, here is small project from Slovenia UW photographer Grega Verč. He made knob for Inon strobes which made my life easier. I bet it will make yours too:)

     

    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:635704/#files

     

    Cheers

    Edited by Alexx
  2. Thanks for posting - it worked well for me.

     

    Mark

  3. Thanks for shearing, they fit prefect on the strobe knobs.

  4. thanks for sharing

  5. So nice of him to share, i'll definitely try those :-D

    Is it supposed to fit also mode dial or power output dial only?

     

     

    Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

  6. It can fit both without problem.

     

     

    Thank you

  7. Thanks Alexx :-)

     

     

    Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

  8. If I google for "knob inon z 240" I find knobs from a Dutch dive shop that glow in the dark. Does anyone know from what material they are made? Is it available for 3D printing (the above mentioned knobs look like self-made)?

     

    Thanks,

    Jock

  9. There are glow in the dark 3d printing materials. Check out 3dhubs.com for a hub who is near you with glowing filament. I know I have glowing PLA which is the same type of plastic as water bottles.

  10. Great extra info thanks :-)

     

     

    Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

  11. jahjahwarrior,

     

    thanks for pointing me to 3dhubs - it is just the service I was looking for. Today I received my Inon knobs made of glow-i-the dark filament; they fit perfect.

     

    Just a hint: When ordering these knobs it may be a good idea to ask for 100% fill (=solid). Seems that a standard fill is only 20%, so there might be the possibility that the knobs will crack or lose shape or whatever deep down. I was charged less than 20 cent extra per knobs.

     

    Jock

  12. No problem, I do 3d printing as a side job at hub Astronaut Studios.

     

    You could probably also just ask for additional outside layers but for something small, 100%infill is not difficult and yes will make a much better long term print for setting going underwater. Startup fee is way beyond the filament fees at that size so order 10 and have spares for a lifetime.

  13. Makes good small gifts too

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.