Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

canon eos m3... housing?

Started by nickthegreeek ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

canon eos m3... housing?

7 posts
  1. hello all, was just looking at some early reviews of the canon eos m3 and it looks to me like a very exciting camera, but then im not exactly knowledgeable when it comes to camera specs etc....

     

    does anyone know if there is any housings planned for this camera? google has no answers but then maybe thats not surprising since the camera has not been released yet...

     

    just interested to know if anyone has any insider info.

     

    thanks,

     

    nick

     

     

  2. I have heard from a good source that Nauticam will be making a housing for this camera. Expect an announcement in mid-August. I am very happy to hear this as I am fully invested in the M system (I have the original M and Nauticam housing and all the lenses).

     

    There is also a rumour that Canon has a new kit lens coming for the M, it will be an EF-M 15-45mm. So maybe there is hope after all that Canon will get serious with mirrorless. This is great news as I think mirrorless has lots of advantages compared to SLR for underwater.

    Edited by dr.rob
  3. Seriously, of all the mirrorless systems out there Canons EOS M is the least developed. The lens range is almost non existing.

  4. Seriously, of all the mirrorless systems out there Canons EOS M is the least developed. The lens range is almost non existing.

    Hmm, well yes and no. I am frustrated by the lack of mirrorless lenses put out by Canon, but the lenses they have put out so far are very nice, compact and very good value (I own them all). For underwater, all you need really is a wide-angle and a macro. The Canon EF-M 11-22 mm is actually a very good lens, especially for the price, and it works great in the kit lens port. I think it is a bit of a hidden secret, because as far as I know, I am the only one using this lens underwater.

     

    As for macro, there is an adaptor so that one can use any Canon SLR lens (although as I said in another thread, the AF is slow). If and when Canon decides to put out a native mirrorless lens, and put their dual pixel AF focus technology into a mirrorless body, this will be a fantastic system.

     

    If you are talking APSC system, there is of course Sony, but I have some reservations regarding their ergonomics.

  5. As a Canon dSLR APS-C shooter, willing to switch to mirroless, this is a good news.
    Let us know how the EOS-M3 behaves if you get it !

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.