Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Oly 9-18 with the Nauticam 7inch dome

Started by Longimanus1975 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Oly 9-18 with the Nauticam 7inch dome

6 posts
  1. Hi

     

    Anyone use this combo? Does it work?

     

    Am considering adding the lens to take with me on a trip, but dont want to have another dome

     

    Any help appreciated

  2. I was hoping for some answers, I'm thinking about getting this lens for my new GH4 for video and wide angle shots. Not sure if I need a dome or flat port though. Anyone have info on this??

  3. Panasonic 7-14 works great. The GH4 body lacks image stabilization, so it pays to use Panasoic lenses, which have it.

  4. Thank you Eric! I have an EM5 as well, as love that IBIS, but I want 4k video. Gear Lust indeed!!!

  5. Eric, would you say that the Panasonic is better in this dome than the Oly?

  6. I've got the 7-14mm and previously had the 9-18mm

     

    The 9-18mm is SOFT as a soft thing behind a dome, unless its way way stopped down. I was very disappointed in it.

     

    This was back when I had a EPL3 in the Olympus housing, but using the Zen DP100 dome.

     

    The 7-14mm is a vast improvement. Its all very odd, as the 9-18mm is actually quite sharp topside.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.