Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Thoughts on pricing in the forums

Started by clernix ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Thoughts on pricing in the forums

5 posts
  1. I had a general question for the forum shoppers and sellers. I have purchased a few items and plan to sell a few items. Is it unreasonable to expect a 30-40% price reduction on a used item? Since the buyer assumes all the risk and is receiving an item with no warranty for the most part.

     

    I understand that there are variables such as gently used and so on. Also that it is everyone decision on which deals to accept. I am just trying to get a general concenses.

    Edited by clernix
  2. Tough question. I think a lot depends on a number of factors: age of the item, robustness (so for example a robust ULCS strobe arm will reduce less than, say, a strobe); whether the item is still in the current manufacturer's range (so is it the D7100 or the D100); wear and tear; popularity of the item.

     

    On balance, if I get 50% on a housing I'm happy (ish!). But I'd hope to do better than that for an extension ring or a filter. So I'd say a 30%-40% reduction is not unreasonable for many items.

     

    But that's just my experience

  3. Yeah, that sounds like something that very much depends on the item. You probably wouldn't expect that reduction on a case that has been in the water once, but you'd probably expect more than that on a scratched dome port. I don't think there's a general rule that you can apply.

  4. The right price is the one that someone is willing to pay at the time[emoji6]

  5. The right price is the one that someone is willing to pay at the time[emoji6]

     

    Ain't that the truth!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.