Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Does the zen adapter just slide onto the zen dome (9-18 mm)?

Started by Rev ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Does the zen adapter just slide onto the zen dome (9-18 mm)?

3 posts
  1. Picked up the Zen dome/adapter last night for the Oly housing / EM 5. Didn't get a demonstration at the shop, they said adapter goes on port, then onto housing.

    Assuming both (adapter to port, and port to housing) attachments were bayonet style, I couldn't figure it out, but looks like the adapter just slides onto the port, and appears to use just the two o rings on the port as the seal between the adapter and port. No bayonet or other locking mechanism. The port/adapter then attaches to the Oly Housing via the twist and lock mechanism

     

    Seems like the adapter/port connection are not as robust as I would think/like. Sitting on the couch, I can with some force, pull the port straight out of the housing (the adapter staying in place).

     

    Before I get this wet.....Do I have this right or is there some step I am missing?

     

    TIA

    Edited by Rev
  2. Rev,

     

    I just went through what you're talking about. You'll need to unscrew one of the screws then insert and rotate, then reinsert the screw.

     

    Click on the Reef Photo link below to the Zen PA-EP08-EP. They have pictures and detailed instructions. cheers

     

    http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6073

    Edited by Kent Dukes
  3. Rev,

     

    I just went through what you're talking about. You'll need to unscrew one of the screws then insert and rotate, then reinsert the screw.

     

    Click on the Reef Photo link below to the Zen PA-EP08-EP. They have pictures and detailed instructions. cheers

     

    http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6073

     

     

    I thought there would be a reason for those two screws. Thanks much for the link, will give that a shot this evening.

     

     

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.