I can't find any teleconverter that works with the Canon 60mm other the Canon's teleconverter. Anyone knows of third party teleconverter that might work with the Canon 60mm?
- 6Posts
- 6Replies
Read-only discussion
Using a teleconverter
-
-
Just a guess, but the Kenko 1.4x would be worth a try.
I shoot with Nikons, but the Nikon 60mm cannot take a Nikon teleconverter, but will work with the Kenko.
Alex
-
The Canon 60 macro is an EF-S mount lens. All the non-Canon teleconverters I have (Tamron and Kenko) only accept EF mount lenses and won't accept EF-S lens.
-
Will using a short extension tube solve it?
Anyone have thoughts on that?
Also will it auto focus with this setup?
-
Using a short extension tube has been used to get around this problem, but make sure it will accept EF-S lenses. I have a Kenko set that does but there are others out there that don't.
Autofocus will still work but will be slower than normal due to smaller apparent aperture caused by both teleconverter and extension tube limiting light for autofocus.
The other thing to consider is that once you fit an extension tube the maximum working distance will be somewhere short of infinity.
-
There are still no ef-s teleconverters that I am aware of. For me the best bet was to switch to the Tamron 60 and use the Tamron 1.4, this worked great. You can use the 12 mm Canon extension tube with the tamron tele converter but you lose some infinity focus. Try the Tamron 60, great lens (your ports will need an extension though)
Bill