Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Super Macro with Olympus 60mm and PT-EP05L

Started by Haggis123 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Super Macro with Olympus 60mm and PT-EP05L

8 posts
  1. I have an Olympus E-PL3, PT-EP05L, 60mm Macro, Zen WA-100-EP and Olympus 9-18 &14 -42 mm and wet diopters.

    I love the idea that I did not have to change ports to switch between the 60mm and the 9-18.

    However in Lembeh I did suffer when the dive guides would find tiny creatures where a wet diopter would have been great.

    Unfortunately the 60mm will not fit behind the standard port on the EP05L.

    Is there a port option for that will allow me to use the 60mm with a wet diopter.

    It would be great if it also allowed me to use the 9-18 without changing ports (less to carry).

    Edited by Haggis123
  2. Hi. The only option I am aware of is the Zen flat port for the pannasonic 45mm macro and the Zen 25mm extension. I bought the zen flat port and then decided I wanted the Oly 60mm. Just haven't for round to buying the lens yet. Haha

     

    I contacted Alex at UW vision and he was very helpful. I'm ordering and dispatching the extension.

     

    http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6584

    * in not I'm.

  3. Here are the two ports. Zen flat port also had a 67mm thread. Which will allow a wet lens.

    post-41834-0-78929500-1427971624_thumb.jpg

  4. I looked at this a few years ago.

     

    What you can do is order the original port from the EPL1 housing - Part Number: VG657900 (This you will need to order as a 'spare part' from a service centre, its not something you can buy over the counter.

     

    The only problem is that port does not have a threaded front - so you will need the clip-on 67mm adapter Part Number: PMLA-EP01

     

    *** I see you are in the UK - you need to speak with Luton Cameras, these are the official Olympus service centre. :)

    Edited by thetrickster
  5. The ZEN port plus extension

    Not ectastic about the extra joint and O rings but I suppose it should not be an issue as I would not have to disturb it. The port is £325 plus the extension ??

    Olympus solution

    I have a quote of £150 plus postage for the port then I would need the adapter.

     

    Decisions Decisions,

     

    Maybe I should start looking at camera upgrades !!!!

     

    Madness leads down this route

  6.  

     

    Madness leads down this route

     

    I thought madness lead down every route with underwater photography?

  7. Madness -Yup I agree!

    I ended up swapping the Olympus housing and going all out Nauticam route with swappable ports etc

     

    NOT the cheapest solution for sure...

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.