Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
+5 or +10 diopter ? with sony A6000 16-50mm kit lens ?
Started by Eitan Ben Tsvi ·
- 9Posts
- 9Replies
Read-only discussion
+5 or +10 diopter ? with sony A6000 16-50mm kit lens ?
-
I'm about to purchase a diopter to be use " on top of" my sony 16-50mm lensAsking if any one has experience with the +5 and +10 diopters together with the sony 16-50mm lens?I will not buy them both. so looking for the best choice .....the one that is more practical , more easy to focus ....and any think I have to considerMany thx
-
Inon +5 works ok. No experience with the +10. Switched to CMC now, looks promising on paper.
-
I have both, and have never used the +5. Get the +10.
Dustin
-
If possible try before you buy.
A session in a pool with a number of objects of about the size you anticipate shooting.
Try it under as low light as you can arrange. The higher diopter, the closer you focus, the less light you have.This can be overcome to some extent with a focus light. -
I agree with Oceanshutter.
I too have the +5 and +10. I only use the +10 and the 5 sits on a shelf at home. I've given up carrying it about because I never use it.A good focus light is essential I use a Sola 1200.
-
I had Inon +5 and Subsee +10 for a few trips. Always use +10 because of its magnification
-
THX ALL for sharingDoes any one know / has tried this INON wet lens ?INON UFL-M150 ZM80 Underwater Micro Fisheye Lens
http://www.inon.jp/products/lens/uflm150zm80/top.htmlIs it a better option with more uses ?will it fit a conventional housing ( MIAKON ) with a port integrated 67mm thread ?
Many thx in advance
-
This lens is designed for compact cameras .... I read somewhere that it can not work with APS-C cameras.
16-50mm at 50mm will works fine with +10
-
I have recently purchased the Nauticam CMC-1.
This is a superb lens for your set-up if you want super macro but be warned it has a very shallow depth of field even at the smallest aperture.