I have a Nauticam housing and a canon 70d with an L series 100mm macro lens.
Is there any way to switch from manual focus to auto focus and again while underwater? If not, does anyone know of a housing that can?
Thanks in advance!!
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Kyle ·
Read-only discussion
I have a Nauticam housing and a canon 70d with an L series 100mm macro lens.
Is there any way to switch from manual focus to auto focus and again while underwater? If not, does anyone know of a housing that can?
Thanks in advance!!
The ikelite housing allows for this function on the nikon d7000 housing.
It is not possible to access the AF-MF switch that is on the side of EF lenses on any housing that I am aware of. To switch between AF and MF with a housing use a separate AF-on button and not the shutter button to activate AF. You can full-time MF with this lens.
I dunno why, but my topic double posted in the forum. Now there's ppl writing to 2 of the same topic. Sorry everyone.
Thanks so much for writing tho guys. I find it interesting to see that ikelite does allow to switch between af/mf.
I'm actually surprised (and saddened) with nauticam, they seem to have such a high reputation with their housings and yet they don't give photographers the choice of changing af/mf uw. But maybe it's just me that wants this option?? Haha
Tom Klein, could u plse explain a bit more to me what u mean about, "use a separate AF-on button and not the shutter button to activate AF. You can full-time MF with this lens." is there maybe a link that would explain this, thus saving u the tome of writing it out!!! ![]()
Check this out:
http://www.p4pictures.com/2014/08/how-to-setup-back-button-focus/
Once you are familiar with this technique, you'll never hunt for the tiny switch on your lens again.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.