Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

HDMI Bulkhead GH4/Nauticam

Started by BenBrettingen ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

HDMI Bulkhead GH4/Nauticam

3 posts
  1. I'm new to the whole underwater housing scene and I've got a unique situation which I need to figure out! I'm wondering what parts I will need to connect my GH4 through the m16 bulkhead via HDMI. The interesting part is I will be mounting the camera underwater and have my HDMI monitor above the water attached to a boat.

    Will these parts get me where I need to be? If not could you possibly suggest the correct setup.

     

    Nauticam HDMI (D-D) Extension Cable 5m / 16 Feet With HDMI Bulkhead

     

    Nauticam HDMI (D-D) Cable in 200mm Length for NA-RX100V (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)

     

    Thanks for the help, it's really appreciated!

  2. Howdy,

     

    Yep, the parts you specified will work as you think.

     

    However I would definitely re-consider looking at your required length. I doubt you would get it over the side of the boat before running out of cable.

     

    You might have to speak with Nauticam to get a custom cable made up (depth x 3 as a starting point), I know Dive&See do a 30m HDMI cable (but is the wrong bulkhead)

  3. Thanks for the response. Up here in Minnesota we generally run "different" boats for fishing...they only draft about a foot of water and the gunnels are often less than a foot tall!

     

    Here is what I ended up going with and it works great. I'm thinking I might run into some signal strength issues but haven't thus far.

     

    I went with the Nauticam (A-D) cable 16 ft. with the Nauticam Standard HDMI bulkhead and a simple (d-d) 200mm cable.

     

    Easy as that!

    Edited by BenBrettingen
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.