Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tray and Handle options for the Olympus EM5 housing

Started by divezilla ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Tray and Handle options for the Olympus EM5 housing

5 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    I"m curious what others have used for tray and handles for their Olympus EP08 housing.

    In particular, the right hand tray handle.

     

    The EP08 is designed to be held like a camera, and most of the handle options I've looked seem like they would cramp or interfere.

     

    thanks in advance

     

    Wes

  2. I use this tray

    http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/ultralight-tr-dm-tray

     

    With this extension,

    http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/Ultralight-Digital-Double-Tray-Upgrade

     

    with these arms

    http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/Ultralight-Digital-Handle-BA-HD-Ball-Adapter%20

     

     

    Primarily because it's what I had from my old set up. It's a little tight but seems to work ok. I slide the camera as far to the right as I can (as I don't need access to the door while diving) so that I can reach the shutter with my right hand while holding the arm

  3. Iv'e been playing with this one from my local dive store. They handle Intovia and I-Das parts.

    http://www.housingcamera.com/id3566-intova-btd.html

     

    I push the camera into the right-side handle, and it's sort-of-ok. It adds about an inch to the reach of the shutter and controls.

    I can also put it outwards about 3 inches. Hand fits between the housing and uses the handle as a backrest for my wrist.

     

    Both seem a bit akward, .. hense the query to the larger group.

     

    The question likely applies to the Nauticam users as well, as the EM5 housing is designed to be hand held as well.

  4. I use this tray

    http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/ultralight-tr-dm-tray

     

    With this extension,

    http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/Ultralight-Digital-Double-Tray-Upgrade

     

    with these arms

    http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/Ultralight-Digital-Handle-BA-HD-Ball-Adapter%20

     

     

    Primarily because it's what I had from my old set up. It's a little tight but seems to work ok. I slide the camera as far to the right as I can (as I don't need access to the door while diving) so that I can reach the shutter with my right hand while holding the arm

    I do more or less the same with the PT-EP10 for the E-PL5. I have one of the gray handles and one of the blue ones you show. To get the balls at about the same height, I actually use the tray upside down (I think) so that the wider part of the channel down the middle faces down. Then I can get the bolts that attach to the housing recessed into that tray (with a lock washer and standard washer each).

     

    With this setup, I get enough room between the handles and the housing that I can get a thickly gloved hand between them to adjust all the controls and take a shot. I carry it with hands on both handles and shoot with my left hand on the handle and right on the housing.

  5. Thanks guys

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.