The Giant Octopus (Enteroctopus) filmed in East Sea of Korea. This octopus may grow up to 3m(10ft) in length and weigh more then 70kg(154lbs). All still image courtesy of JungKwon Park (Diver in this video).
Shot on GH4, 7-14mm in Nauticam, Fix 7000 lights.
Cheers,
Ej.
Nice work as usual Ej. A couple questions, are the strobe firing up while you're in the middle of shooting not bothering you? I had to negotiate with my dive buddy take turn so that while I'm shooting he should leave me along instead of firing strobe at me.
Also, why only output to 1080p? We need more 4K content provider from the pro like you!
Anyway, it's nice to see a diver by the octopus for scale comparison, and it didn't steal your camera!
Nice work as usual Ej. A couple questions, are the strobe firing up while you're in the middle of shooting not bothering you? I had to negotiate with my dive buddy take turn so that while I'm shooting he should leave me along instead of firing strobe at me.
Also, why only output to 1080p? We need more 4K content provider from the pro like you!
Anyway, it's nice to see a diver by the octopus for scale comparison, and it didn't steal your camera!
Hi Moses,
Thanks for the comment.
This is part of the tv program (about diving & uw photographer in Korea) shooting so I asked him to fire the strobe infront of camera.
We had some cool action like octopus trying to steal camera but producer doesn't want to publish before the program on air.
Re. 4k
I forgot to export 4k.
Wonderful, as always. A little different from the sort of creatures that we usually see from you, but I like it a lot.
Very Nice Eunjae!
That's one big octopus? Do you see them there often? What depth were you at?
One tip for the still camera flash: in your video editor, expand the timeline so you are looking at individual frames. Find the frame with the flash. There's a couple where the white-out of the flash covers just the bottom part of the image - caused by the electronic shutter. Override that frame with an all-white frame (make one in PhotoShop or similar). I think that it will look better to have the whole image flash rather than just part of it.
Regards
Peter
Thanks everyone for comments.
Peter,
I guess the one in the video about +1m long and weigh 30~40kg. Depth was 34m and water temp about 3~5C.
I've seen much bigger (+2m) one at +50m deep training dive but I had only a gopro that time (unusable noisy footage).
And thanks for the nice tips about flashed frame, I'll try it next time.
Ej.
Thats a big O'puss Eunjae!
They grow them big in the Korean sea.....One has a white patch on its "head". Why is that? Warning sign or something?
Thats a big O'puss Eunjae!
They grow them big in the Korean sea.....One has a white patch on its "head". Why is that? Warning sign or something?
David,
I think that white patch is scar. I heard that they're often fighting and eating each other (cannibalism) in nature.
Ej.
Thanks for sharing Ej, as always enjoyable to watch..
Just one comment: you always have the right sound track! Love it, I always struggle to find the right one. And most of the clip I've seen also not many of them got the sound/music supporting or match with the video.
Overall welldone!
Cheers,
Bona
Never knew there were giant octopusy in Korea. Similar species to that in North America?
Never knew there were giant octopusy in Korea. Similar species to that in North America?
That claims they go down to San Diego. I have dove extensively off of southern and central California and no of no one whom has seen one from south of San Fransisco.