Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

more Coolpix 5000 demo pix wanted!

Started by Andi Voeltz ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

more Coolpix 5000 demo pix wanted!

6 posts
  1. Hi there,...

     

    I'd like to place a call to everyone owning a Nikon Coolpix 5000. We are urgently in need of more sample images for http://www.digideep.com . Especially if they were taken in one of the following housings:

     

    - Bruder KF 12 Digital Universal

    - Hugyfot HFD-12

    - Light & Motion Tetra 5000

    - Sealux CX 5000

    - Subal CP5

    - UK-Digital Coolpix 5000

    - and the BRAND NEW Aquatica A5000

     

    Thanks to James Wiseman for already posting an Ikelite demo image. More of them are welcome, too! Please use the following submit form so that we get all necessary data for your shots.

     

    Thank you for your support .oOo. Andi

  2. I've got a question for you ?

    What's that thing in your mouth in the picture. Or should I ask, what your smoking in that Turkish water pipe ?

     

    Ha Ha,

    Marc

  3. ...apple flavour instead - and believe me: you are not the first who is asking this!

  4. I have a CP5000 camera. I have been watching (and reading on this site) about all the housings for this camera. I had hoped to get a housing before my recent trip to French Polynesia (in early June). Ikelite was the only choice at the time but I just didn't want to go that route without first seeing the other options. I was leaning heavy towards a Subal CP5000 housing but also interested in the Light & Motion Tetra for CP 5000. I decided two weeks before the trip to rent a Light & Motion Tetra housing (from Backscatter in California) and used a the Olympus 4040. I bought the Olympus camera off ebay just for this trip, if you can believe that!.

     

    The Tetra worked good. I had some issues with the wide angle lens ... I learned later that it was the wrong lens and would not work properly with the 4040 camera. But, I made due with only the flat port lens. Considereing that I had no wide angle lens, I was thrilled with the results. It took a couple of dives to work through the wide angle lens issues and get my exposures under control. By the end of the trip I was very comforable with the set up. I used a Sea & Sea YS-90DX strobe.

     

    So, now I am thinking about which housing to get. I am leaning towards the CP5000 Tetra right now. Although I am on the edge of buying the new D100 camera which will be a whole different direction. I have a deposit down on a D100.

     

    Here are the Tetra pros as I see them:

    (1) Small, easy to handle (some dives I had both a video camera and my Tetra!).

    (2) Ability to use "wet mate" lenses -- can change to wide angle and macro lenses underwater (I assume the CP5000 Tetra will support this like the Olympus Tetra).

    (3) Light & Motion's new ROC system seems interesting.

     

    Cons:

    (1) I am not sure about the optic quality of the wet mate lenses ...? I just don't know if the optic quality is really noticeable enough when compared to Nikon wide angle lens on the camera inside a housing. The trade off is the ability to do a dive and change formats, I guess.

    (2) This is not the Tetra's problem, but I did find the shutter lag time very annoying. I learned to time my shots better as the trip went on. I suspect if I had a D100 set up I would be more pleased.

     

    Decisions, decisions.

     

    I have attempted to attach a few photos with the Olympus/Tetra set up (?).

  5. I have a CP5000 camera. I have been watching (and reading on this site) about all the housings for this camera. I had hoped to get a housing before my recent trip to French Polynesia (in early June). Ikelite was the only choice at the time but I just didn't want to go that route without first seeing the other options. I was leaning heavy towards a Subal CP5000 housing but also interested in the Light & Motion Tetra for CP 5000. I decided two weeks before the trip to rent a Light & Motion Tetra housing (from Backscatter in California) and used a the Olympus 4040. I bought the Olympus camera off ebay just for this trip, if you can believe that!.

     

    The Tetra worked good. I had some issues with the wide angle lens ... I learned later that it was the wrong lens and would not work properly with the 4040 camera. But, I made due with only the flat port lens. Considereing that I had no wide angle lens, I was thrilled with the results. It took a couple of dives to work through the wide angle lens issues and get my exposures under control. By the end of the trip I was very comforable with the set up. I used a Sea & Sea YS-90DX strobe.

     

    So, now I am thinking about which housing to get. I am leaning towards the CP5000 Tetra right now. Although I am on the edge of buying the new D100 camera which will be a whole different direction. I have a deposit down on a D100.

     

    Here are the Tetra pros as I see them:

    (1) Small, easy to handle (some dives I had both a video camera and my Tetra!).

    (2) Ability to use "wet mate" lenses -- can change to wide angle and macro lenses underwater (I assume the CP5000 Tetra will support this like the Olympus Tetra).

    (3) Light & Motion's new ROC system seems interesting.

     

    Cons:

    (1) I am not sure about the optic quality of the wet mate lenses ...? I just don't know if the optic quality is really noticeable enough when compared to Nikon wide angle lens on the camera inside a housing. The trade off is the ability to do a dive and change formats, I guess.

    (2) This is not the Tetra's problem, but I did find the shutter lag time very annoying. I learned to time my shots better as the trip went on. I suspect if I had a D100 set up I would be more pleased.

     

    Decisions, decisions.

     

    I have attempted to attach a few photos with the Olympus/Tetra set up (?).

  6. Sorry, I posted twice by accident (Rookie).

     

    If you want to see examples of my photos with the Olympus/Tetra, you can see them at:

     

    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mgweather/lst?....&.src=ph&.view=

     

    All taken with standard Tetra flat port lens.

     

    I am anxious to see photos of CP5000 in some of the newer aluminum housings. I will keep watching.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.