Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus EPL-5 Empty Battery HELP

Started by mikep ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus EPL-5 Empty Battery HELP

2 posts
  1. All,

     

    My camera recently began indicating the Empty Battery warning icon. At first the camera indicated this warning message after only shooting a few images. When this first occured I thoght to myself...thats funny I know I charged my battery.

    Later that afternoon I return home and charged the battery that was in the camera and replaced the battery with a know charged battery. Wouldnt you know..the same problem has occured.

    Later after attempting to charge both batteries, I decided to confirm if my charger was operating correctly. I went to a local electronics supply store and tested my batteries with their charger and found that my batteries were holding charge.

    I then decided to purchase a new battery anyway and found the new battery to have the same problem.

     

    My assumptions is that the camera must have a batery voltage sensor that has failed. I live in Guam so sending the camera in for maintenance and inspection is possible but I forsee this taking over 3 weeks to occur, at minimum.

     

    Has anyone experienced this same problem? Any suggestions or remedies?

     

    Thank you for your help,

     

    Mike

  2. Does the camera shut down? New E-PL5's are dirt cheap these days, (under $US 300). If you want to keep shooting one, you might consider buying one as a backup.

     

    Sorry I have no real advice for you.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.