Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Looking for double flip adapter for wet lenses

Started by troporobo ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Looking for double flip adapter for wet lenses

10 posts
  1. I want to get a double flip adapter that will let me mount +5 and +10 wet lenses. I'm using a Nauticam flat port with a 77mm thread at the front.

     

    Nauticam does not seem to make a double adapter (but their single adapter is very nice). I've seen the Saga double adapter but its apparently only available with a 67mm thread and its unclear if I could mount this with a 67-77 adapter without vignetting. The Reefnet would appear to do the job but its not clear to me how each swing arm is locked in place at either the open or closed position and whether the lenses would thus flop around, and the set screw mounting to the port looks less than robust. Neither Deeproof/Divervision not Fun-In (both in Taiwan) appear to offer a double adapter, though the swivel idea looks interesting for a single.

     

    I've checked the archives but not come up with other ideas. Are there other recent options I have missed? Any thoughts from those who use the Reefnet double?

  2. If you are using a 67 mm lens it should be clear that at 67 mm flip (like the Saga) has to work fine.

    Bill

  3. I guess my description was poor. The part of the adapter that the lens attaches to is 67mm, that is indeed clear. But the part of the adapter that attaches to the Nauticam port, if threaded like the Saga, needs to be 77mm. Nauticam does make one that fits that spec, but it is for a single lens only.

  4. That is why I suggested using a 77-67 mm step down ring (I have the Nauticam single ones for both the 67 and 77 ports) and the Saga dual flip adapter. You suggest that it might vignette but that seems unlikely since the lens itself is only 67 mm.

     

    Bill

  5. Ah, good point, and one that should have been immediately obvious! Thanks

  6. If anyone has a 67mm Saga or another threaded flip, I am in the market. I just had one sold out from under me and am now still looking.

     

    Does anyone have experience with a

    i-Das - Swing adaptor M67 mount for M67 mount??

     

    I have an Ikelite port adapter that holds the Subsee that I will sell or trade.

  7. i have had experience with the reefnet mount (for a different camera) and it works great.

     

    each flip has a thumbscrew that you can tighten as desired so the lens do not flop around. due to he controls on my housing i placed the lens at 1:30 and 7:30 positions, so pne flipped up (mostly) the other flipped down (mostly).

     

    the set screw mount had no issues, very secure. but did leave marks on the port body from the screws.

  8. If you use the reefnet change the screws to plastic tipped ones (mcmaster) and no more marks on the port

    Bill

  9. You're right! Thanks for the tip.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.