Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Warna berwarna Raja Ampat by GH4

Started by DEEPsix ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Warna berwarna Raja Ampat by GH4

16 posts
  1. I haven't been here for a long while :lol2:

    This is some short video I edited from Raja Ampat last season by GH4 and some part by Canon 7D.

     

    The song in this video is from my special diveguide in Raja Ampat Nikson Soor.He's one of the pioneer diveguide in the area and he kindly donated this beautiful song to me on my first Raja Ampat trip in 2010.The beautiful song show the soul of Papuan at first touch you heard it.Thanks to my brother Nikson Soor.

     

    Enjoyed it :)

     

    Edited by DEEPsix
  2. Nice stuff, you've got some nice clips there. I also enjoyed the music. Its a bit different from what we normally hear, and quite enjoyable.

  3. very nice

  4. Finally! There is another 4K diving video!!!! I was just wondering, there are so many GH4 shooters out there but I only saw EJ from Korea upload video in 4K. I guess you have been missing in action. The song is catchy, anyway you can add some tambourine track because it could really use one.

  5. Looks great Nu. Please remind me what photo style you're using on your GH4. For example those clips at 0:41 and 1:50 (assuming they are GH4, not 7D).

  6. great vid, amazing sardine action, which site where they on?

  7. Looks great Nu. Please remind me what photo style you're using on your GH4. For example those clips at 0:41 and 1:50 (assuming they are GH4, not 7D).

    Thanks bro Nick.I use photo style CinelikeD with some adjusting Contrast +2 , Sharpness +2,Hue +5 and some post color editing in FCPX.

  8. great vid, amazing sardine action, which site where they on?

    Thanks Mike.The sardine action is on "Two Three Rock" in Misool.It's about December when I filmed it.

  9. Outstanding! Thanks for sharing it with us. Love the music, wonderful choice.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  10. hello

    what lights did you use for that movie

    thanks a lot

  11. Very nice clip Nu! I enjoy watching it!

     

    Agree with the above comments, the music was wonderful! I'm native Indonesian, the song/lyric of the music is actually about "Bhayangkari Raja Ampat", or the spouse of the police force of Raja Ampat region :) nevertheless the music is quite catchy and surely enjoyable.

     

    Well done!

  12. hello

    what lights did you use for that movie

    thanks a lot

    Hi!Most of wide angle shot I use magic filter with 7-14 mm lens,manual white balance and filled with 2 VDO lights from iTorch Pro7

     

    Very nice clip Nu! I enjoy watching it!

     

    Agree with the above comments, the music was wonderful! I'm native Indonesian, the song/lyric of the music is actually about "Bhayangkari Raja Ampat", or the spouse of the police force of Raja Ampat region :) nevertheless the music is quite catchy and surely enjoyable.

     

    Well done!

    Terima kasih banyak.Yes,they explain me that about the meaning of this song.Beautiful west papua culture :)

    Edited by DEEPsix
  13. Hi!Most of wide angle shot I use magic filter with 7-14 mm lens,manual white balance and filled with 2 VDO lights from iTorch Pro7

     

    Terima kasih banyak.Yes,they explain me that about the meaning of this song.Beautiful west papua culture :)

     

    Hi Nu, I have the same setup. How do you use the magic filter with the 7-14? I've searched the forum and found that one need to replace the back of the lens like one on the 8mm fish eye but I'm looking for other alternative.

     

    I've had been using the magic filter with my previous setup (RX100ii) and really pleased with the result, but have not use them after upgrading to GH4.

     

    Cheers.

  14. Hi Nu,

     

    So nice to meet you here. Amazing video!

     

    Edward

  15.  

    Hi Nu, I have the same setup. How do you use the magic filter with the 7-14? I've searched the forum and found that one need to replace the back of the lens like one on the 8mm fish eye but I'm looking for other alternative.

     

    I've had been using the magic filter with my previous setup (RX100ii) and really pleased with the result, but have not use them after upgrading to GH4.

     

    Cheers.

    I just use the simple way cut the filter followed the shape of lens buttom and just use the thin tape stick it with the lens.I didn't know that you can replace the lens bayonet like the one on 8mm fisheye.Please let me know if you know how's it work?

     

    GH4 definitely need magic filter for manual white balance :)

     

    Hi Nu,

     

    So nice to meet you here. Amazing video!

     

    Edward

    Thank you so much bro Edward.Thanks for your great product to support my work.

    Look forward to catch you up and Phoebe in HK.

     

    Cheers,

    Nu

  16. I just use the simple way cut the filter followed the shape of lens buttom and just use the thin tape stick it with the lens.I didn't know that you can replace the lens bayonet like the one on 8mm fisheye.Please let me know if you know how's it work?

    I also used Magic Tape the other day to stick some ND gel to the back of my 7-14mm. It's fiddly and inelegant, but works OK. Use Scotch Magic Tape, not Sellotape, so it doesn't leave a residue.

     

    Look here for the story of fitting the 8mm filter holder to the back of the 7-14mm. You need Panasonic part number VXQ1911 (and possibly more), which might be difficult outside the USA. Also I recall that it's not just a straight swap. A bit of fiddling/fettling is required? If anyone plans to do this, please keep us informed how it goes and where you got the parts. I'm interested.

     

    I use photo style CinelikeD with some adjusting Contrast +2 , Sharpness +2,Hue +5 and some post color editing in FCPX.

    Those are really unconventional settings. Seems like most users are reducing contrast and sharpness, and leaving hue at 0. But anyway if it works, it works. Here I'm still using Natural -2/-2/-2/0/0, and adding contrast and sharpness in post. I sometimes feel like just going with totally default Standard.

     

    p.s. Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO Lens coming end of June. USD 1299 ;) I wonder if Nauticam supports it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.