Hi folks, Keen to get some feedback on lens/ports/diopters etc.
I have a D7100 in an Ikelite housing with 8" dome and port extensions.
I've been using the Tokina 11-16 which is sharp and fast, but a bit limited so really like the sound of the just released Tokina 11-20 f2.8.
The 11-20 lens is about 5mm larger OD so wont slot through a port extension, but "I think" the barrel will go onto the camera OK with a 5510.22 port fitted to the housing, and I can then screw the 8" port on over the top of the lens... maybe...
Has anyone tried that already? and if so did you use the 5510.22 or the 5510.24?
Most importantly how does the 11-20 perform underwater?
My other lens dilemna is some fast glass beyond 20mm. Like a fool I didn't check if the Nikon 14-24 actually fit in an ikelite port (it doesn't...). So might have to look at the Nikon 17-35/2.8?
On paper (and via my wallet) I really like the look of the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 as an alternative but cant find any reviews if it's been tried underwater? Has anyone tried this lens?
The Sigma has had mixed reviews for AF but the guys at the camera shop seem to think they sorted that using the Sigma USB dock and at 1.8 it could be pretty interesting with a magic filter in big water.
Sorry for the long first post! Look forward to your comments.