Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Have Housing Missing Camera Tray / saddle

Started by blibecap ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Have Housing Missing Camera Tray / saddle

14 posts
  1. I have acquired an Aquatica housing A5D. The problem is that the tray / saddle for the camera is missing. So I am looking for one. If you have one that you are not using I am interested. If you have one that I can borrow so I cam manufacture a replacement I will be glad to pay the shipping both ways. Please help save this housing.

    Edited by blibecap
  2. Ok I will provide a security deposit or rent your tray, I really need to locate one of these, Please help.

  3. i have hand grips, I need a Camera Tray / saddle

     

    post-2195-0-13895200-1433617389_thumb.jpg

    Edited by blibecap
  4. Maybe give Aquatica a call tomorrow, Bill? They're only in Montreal so should be able to get something to you quickly.

  5. Aquatica has no stock on this part. I called them before I ever posted anything.

  6. Oh rats. Sorry. I hope someone can help.

  7. can anyone please help???

  8. Bill:

    How hard would it be for you to make one from scratch? I know your machining capabilities. If you can't try Alan at ABSEA photo, i know he rents out aquatica stuff; he might lend you one.

    http://www.absea.net

     

    Bill

    Edited by bvanant
  9. I find it inconceivable that Aquatica cannot help you.

    Since Aquatica made the housing, they should have the dimensions of the camera tray with its specifications on file.

  10. Bill:

    How hard would it be for you to make one from scratch? I know your machining capabilities. If you can't try Alan at ABSEA photo, i know he rents out aquatica stuff; he might lend you one.

    http://www.absea.net

     

    Bill

    Thanks Bill

     

    I can make one but would need the camera to do so. Also it would be nice to know that it is correct the first time and that all the buttons line up properly. That's why I am looking for a sample.

     

    Bill

  11. I find it inconceivable that Aquatica cannot help you.

    Since Aquatica made the housing, they should have the dimensions of the camera tray with its specifications on file.

     

    I have ask Aquatica for the part and they report back no stock. I ask them for dimensions / drawing of the part and they have not as of yet replied. I am sure there is a approval process for this so I am waiting and continuing to look for other solutions.

     

    Bill

  12. Call Alan at ABSEA, he can loan you one.

    Bill

  13. Eyu, That housing is for a camera going back close to 10 years ago, so I would finds it inconceivable to expect to have these specifications right on a desktop ready for sending, you have to be realistic, this is not the automotive industry,things get archived at one point, design and manufacturing software (and manufacturing process method) change over time. So hopefully it is somewhere on a server and need to be tracked down, and that will requires time to find it.

     

    Manufacturers, no matter what type of products they make, are not usually keen on releasing manufacturing CAD files drawing, so obliviously, they would not be in a "ready at a moments notice" availability. Hopefully the fact that we are ready to release said drawing, if available, is sufficient.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.