Hey Brant
May I offer a slightly different perspective especially as you are moving to a D7200?
If you already have a Sigma 17-70, unless money is no object, I'd suggest you put the cash to either a true macro lens (Nikkor 60mm or 105mm) or a true wide-angle - as megtooth suggests, the venerable Tokina 10-17.
I wonder whether you are really going to see much difference between the 17-70 you already have, and an updated model. If the new model has a macro capability, how does it compare to one of the Nikkor macros?
I used to have a Nikkor 18-70 for my D200 and, like you, used it one or twice on trips. But always found it was something of a compromise and never very good at anything. It's not very wide - and it's certainly not very macro.
When I moved to a D300 I sold the 18-70 and bought the Tokina 10-17 and a Nikkor 60 then, later, added the Nikkor 105. I got much better results. Yes, you have to chose one or the other and inevitably would not be able to photograph something on a dive. But the shots that I did get were just so much better and I came to the conclusion that using a specific lens during a dive (one you have decided upon based on information about the dive site) will usually get you better images than going for a covering-all-the-bases approach.
As you have a 17-70 already and you're buying a top-end camera body, why not get top-end specific-to-purpose lenses to go with it: either real macro or real wide?
Just a thought......