Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica A7D housing - AF-ON lever got stuck

Started by ignati ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica A7D housing - AF-ON lever got stuck

2 posts
  1. After 3 days of ocean diving the AF-ON/Star lever on my Aquatica A7D housing got stuck.

    I did soak the housing in the fresh water after each dive and one more time when I got home.

    During the rinse I pushed, pulled and rotated the lever several times and it worked ok.

    However when I dried the housing I noticed that the lever was stuck and I could not move

    (both pull inward-outward and rotate) it even if I pressed it pretty hard.

     

    I tried to soak it in the vinegar solution. After 12 hours I was barely able to rotate the lever for may be 1 or 2 mm.

     

    Any idea what to do? Is it salt or sand which got in there?

     

    How can I remove and clean it - just remove the spring and push outward?

     

    Thank you,

     

    Ignati

     

  2. Ignati, it is a somewhat complex assembly, I would recommend that you get in touch with Backscatter, they are an authorized service center and they can look at it, it is most likely a built up of salt, they can do an overhaul at the same time, if the housing has not been serviced for a while, it might be a good idea to do so.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.