Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

White Balance - OMD-EM5

Started by dutch ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

White Balance - OMD-EM5

10 posts
  1. I have an OMD EM5 with Nauticam housing. only problem is there is enough light I cant white balance. which makes its super hard to get good video. It simply comes up with a screen that says something like, "cannot white balance."

    My question is, are all M4/3 cameras like this? does anyone have experience with the GH4 that they can share?

     

    Also, are DSLRS like the 5dMKIII any better? or can anyone recommend a camera that has this dialled?

  2. I've tried to white balance my GH4 down at 48m (single frame attached - unedited, but down sampled and jpg'd) - however the colours we shot (completely off) - which makes sense being that deep.

     

    Had issues with my EPL3 before which even in 15m, it would Error trying to white balance, so it shows at least the GH4 gives it a good go.

     

     

    post-43742-0-44591000-1434535227_thumb.jpg

  3. I have the same problem trying to use one-touch WB with my E-M5. Since I shoot only stills, I have a buddy hold a white slate at each depth then use that to correct white balance in post.I have not found a solution for video, sorry!

  4. One thing to try is to Put the camera in program mode. If the exposure is below or above a given range white balance may fail

  5. It never occurred to me that switching modes might make this work better. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the suggestion!

  6. You can try one touch WB and use your hand as a "grey" card below 20 ft. Works pretty good for me.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. My opinion on white balance is 'shoot RAW, adjust white balance in Lightroom'.

  8. My opinion on white balance is 'shoot RAW, adjust white balance in Lightroom'.

    I think the op is talking about video not still images
  9. I think the op is talking about video not still images

    It may have helped to read the entire text, I'll admit that... :)

     

    Sorry dutch!

  10. thanks guys. program mode might work, ill give that a shot. anyone got experience with DSLRs and WB for video?

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.