Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

how to shoot macro subject in moving bubbles?

Started by dovechoco ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

how to shoot macro subject in moving bubbles?

3 posts
  1. I have been searching for answers but to no avail.

     

    Does anyone have tips on how to shoot macro subject in moving bubbles while underwater? I am assuming I will have to set my camera to Al Servo. What about the strobe? Do should I ditch the strobe and just use focus light?

     

    I am attaching a winner photograph as an example.

     

    Can someone please enlightened me please.

     

     

     

     

     

     

    post-46250-0-93522100-1434940012_thumb.jpg

  2. Looks like so exceptional photoshop work, particularly when looking at the soft focus duplicated bubbles in the lower portion of the picture. I am no expert, but I think this is how it has been done, but I would love to be proven wrong.

  3. Wow, very cool image but, yeah, somehow, all bit perfect.... take a bow, Photoshop?

     

    Bubbles rise pretty quickly so you'd have to shoot at high speed or with a strobe. You'd need to find too the right background - monocolour coral. 60mm macro lens?

     

    Naah, it's just too perfect. Fun though. I might give that a try.....

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.