Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon G16

Started by UndrH2Oman ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G16

5 posts
  1. Has anyone used the Canon G16 to shoot underwater macro? It has an aperture value to only F/8. I could make it work, just looking for anyone who has experienced it. I will be using a macro conversion lens as well.

  2. I don't use the G16, but know of at least one photographer whose work I admire alot who does. Due to the smaller sensor size, f8 should be fine.

  3. I have been shooting the G16 in a Fantsea housing with a Subsea +10 and a sea and sea ys-d1. I've been loving it. I know you have to get closer than with some DSLR's etc.

     

    I upgraded about 1 year ago from a Sealife dc1400 and began shooting manual and raw on the g16, for Christmas i received the Subsea+10 along with a L&M sola 800. I finally got my entire setup in the water for a good test last month in Dominica and I am very pleased with the results.

     

    There are a lot of photos here the good and the not so good but you can get an idea

     

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465762436931229.1073741831.460201417487331&type=1&l=81cb196d2b

  4. The G16 is a great camera for macro. I still have the old G15 but thats pretty much the same lens etc. I find that for good macro shots a good strobe does wonders as well.

    9cc4bec75e854264beb9f57550e1230e.jpg

     

     

    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

  5. Thanks....decided to go with the G7x. Can shoot TTL thru manual, among other things.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.