Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fuji S2 Compact Flash Problem

Started by Marc Furth ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Fuji S2 Compact Flash Problem

2 posts
  1. Just received my new Fuji S2 Pro, awesome camera. I have one small problem that I can’t figure out? I have two type 1 compact flash cards. One is 128 MB, and one is 256 MB card.

    When I try to format the 256 card inside the S2 it would not format. Camera says their is a Error on the card.

    So I tried to format the card in my computer first and then tried again. Same problem, can't complete the format. The 128 card formatted perfectly with out any problem. I can’t figure what the problem is because both cards work perfectly in my 990. Both cards are made by Kingston memory. Got any idea’s why I can’t format the 256 card ?

     

    Marc

  2. Marc,

     

    I have used the 256meg Viking card (2 of them) and the 1 gig microdrive. Both work fine.

     

    I have not tried the Kingston card. I was just reading an article in Digital Camera about "Care and Feeding of Compact Flash Cards." You might want to check it out. The author had a similar problem and it was because one of the pins in his card reader was bent.

     

    Cheers

    James

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.