Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Nudibranch help please

Started by MrFish ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudibranch help please

8 posts
  1. Nudibranch help please

    I am trying to ID this nudibranch . Now that the sea slug forum is dead i am having a slight spot of bother.

     

    Taken off the Raja Ampat islands in West Papua.

     

    normal_0013.jpg

  2. what about

    just been scavenging through some more books, and the nearest i can find is Chromodoris coi Risbec.

     

    Anyone concur?

  3. Hi there,

    It's a Chromodoris coi, all right. There is substantial variation in this species. Some have dots around the mantel, some have "orangey" dots inside the wavy line.

    Marli

  4. Thanks

    Thanks for your help.

     

    I am trying to correctly identify all the photos i am putting on my website but it certainly isn't easy or quick.

     

    There will probably be few few more posted by me that i may need your help with.

  5. How about this one?

    This one i just haven't a clue about.

    I tried posting it to the sea slug forum back in january but got no replies

     

    Again from West Papua

     

    normal_DSCF0064.jpg

  6. Re: How about this one?

    This one i just haven't a clue about.

    I tried posting it to the sea slug forum back in january but got no replies

     

    Again from West Papua

     

    That one is Glossodoris cincta.

  7. Re: How about this one?

    This one i just haven't a clue about.

    I tried posting it to the sea slug forum back in january but got no replies

     

    Again from West Papua

     

    I believe its : Miamira magnifica

  8. The blue line on the margin is pretty definitive of Glossodoris cincta. This is a small photo file, but have a look.

    Cheers,

    Marli

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.