Would be an interesting lens underwater, if it could be housed, if I was still shooting a DSLR underwater....
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/venus-announces-the-worlds-widest-11-macro-lens-15mm-f4-0

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by NWDiver ·
Read-only discussion
Would be an interesting lens underwater, if it could be housed, if I was still shooting a DSLR underwater....
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/venus-announces-the-worlds-widest-11-macro-lens-15mm-f4-0

I noticed it too. Manual focus and manual aperture would make it a challenge...
When I first heard about it I got so excited!
Adam
I spotted the 1:1 capability and immediately thought of what a great CFWA lens that would make. Over on Petapixel the review says "Wide angle macro photography is a rarely explored genre of macro photography . . ." Clearly they do not cater to our kind of people!
This and a 15mm and I would be happy just about anywhere. Would make for an interesting trip portfolio.
I have one on order for Sony FE mount and at the very least I think this will be an excellent travel lens. The lens was announced widely on the same day and I found the release information on at least six different sites. As a result the business web site was down for at least four days perhaps because of the wide amount of interest overloading their system.
I am sure this lens will not be main stream but like the Inon bigeye lens I am sure some will find a way to use it underwater as they have with some of the excellent Rokinon lenses.
The tilt feature may be handy for the required hotel shot for many destination reviews.
I am confused by their specifications between minimum working and minimum shooting distance. Min working was half a centimeter which seems too short but I am missing something in translation I suspect.
BVA
Amazing.. would love Olympus to come up with something like this for the M4/3 system. The picture reminds me a bit of the shots one gets from the Frazier lens, which blew everyone away when they first appeared in his documentaries.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.