Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Need some help on an Aquatica D7200 problem

Started by NEwreckdiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Need some help on an Aquatica D7200 problem

6 posts
  1. Broken toy alert...



    I have a new D7200 housing - and I do have an email in Aquatica on what to do next, but I am hoping to find quick solutions...



    I developed an issue, not sure how, with one of the buttons sticking. This is one of the buttons on the back of the housing. On the first photo of the exterior it is the button on the left at 9 o'clock. The button would depress but not come back. It seemed it was binding on something. We took the arm off and attempted to clean it, lube it and when we pulled the post, it appeared bent. Not sure how that happened. While attempting to straighten it, we broke it. I wouldn't dare use the housing in the water because I am not sure the c clamp will hold since that's where it's broken. If it lets go, the housing will flood. See interior shot - the arm is removed so you can just see the post with the screw in it.



    While I am waiting to hear back, does anyone have any suggestions on any dealers that might have these parts - a new button/post, at minimum?



    Thanks,


    Heather


    post-23145-0-22272100-1435878045_thumb.jpg

    post-23145-0-44122400-1435878051_thumb.jpg

    Edited by NEwreckdiver
  2. Hi Heather,

     

    Aquatica is usually pretty quick with this stuff. If they don't get back to you tomorrow morning, try calling Bluewater Photo (www.bluewaterphotostore.com) and they'll be able to get a new post to you. Good luck!

  3. Backscatter is pretty fast at getting out parts, they have an East Coast store and West Coast store.

  4. Is this a new housing or have you used it?

    If you have used it you could have a salt crystal or some dirt binding the button. A good soak may resolve it.

    If new, did the dealer not prep the housing?

  5. Thanks, all. Ultimately the housing had to go back to Aquatica where it is currently being evaluated/repaired.

     

    Thanks,

    Heather

  6. Hello NEwreckdiver, sorry a bit late on getting reading your post, I had the same situation happen with my housing. Were you able to get it resolved?

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.