Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

sony 30mm macro with wide/fisheye adapter

Started by gobiodon ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

sony 30mm macro with wide/fisheye adapter

1 posts
  1. I’ve been using an interesting lens combination for wide angle macro photography. I probably won’t use it underwater in the near future but I thought it could be interesting for the UW folks here. First I combined the sel30M35 macro lens with the fisheye adapter (VCL-ECF1) originally designed for the 16mm lens. It makes the angle of view much wider (around 15mm) but still keeps the macro capabilities of the lens including background blur. Photos have nice bokeh, quite different than a wide angle lens. Lighting can be complicated and you have to stop down a lot (minimum f16). I’ve written a blog post about it a while ago:

    http://fiberstrobe.blogspot.de/2014/08/sel30f35-vcl-ecf1-lens-combo.html

     

    You may also check some additional mantis photos on flickr, just to have an idea:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fiberstrobe/sets/72157646861145385

     

     

    Recently I’m experimenting with the ultra wide (weitwinkel) adapter VCL-ECU1. It’s not that wide but easier to take photos and the bokeh is nicer. I’m not sure, which port could take this combo , since it’s long and it definitely needs a dome port.

    Nevertheless, I would be happy to see somebody trying this out also underwater.

     

    Cheers

     

    Marcell

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.