Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

The Flying Snakes of Gili Manuk

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

The Flying Snakes of Gili Manuk

11 posts
  1. If you have a snake phobia you might what to skip this dive...Not many places were snakes can fly in 3 dimensions.

     

    https://vimeo.com/132648250

  2. Very Cool,

    Thanks,

  3. Oh, wow! What a sight that must be. They're everywhere and they're big. Magnificent footage! The monochrome still at 3:25 is very good too, I love the composition and sense of movement it captures.

     

    The only time I have seen anything that comes remotely close is in Niue, where there are lots and lots of banded sea kraits, but they are smaller and tend to stay closer to the reef, except inside the sea caves where they swarm a bit. But your experience is a whole new level.

  4. nice

  5. Crazy good and I don't normally like snakes. Well done!

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  6. i like the shot where the snakes swim into the diver legs and scare the heck out of him! hahaha

  7. Mike you know that was me! I was trying to back up to get another shot of the group as I was waiting for the RX100 to recycle, damn point and shoots. We found them to be super sedate, a little curious but never threating. You can see the spot where one comes up behind me and I kick it. It just continued on, no big deal.

  8. wow.. gilimanuk in bali??? In the channel or how??

  9. Not sure where the OP took the video, but one place for sea snakes is Manuk island (Manuk, Pulau Manuk, Maluku) in the Banda sea.

  10. Well, thats what the title of this thread says....

  11. I was there 2005 and thats just how I recall it. I made 3 dives there in the one day we where there.Got a nice shot of a huge yellowfin tuna besides the snakes-I was shooting oil back then.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.