Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

More magnification from 60mm?

Started by blueline ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

More magnification from 60mm?

8 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I've been shooting video with an older DSLR for a while so have hit a wall as far as getting more magnification from a Canon 60mm. For stills I have used a 1.4X teleconverter and have been thinking to get a reverse macro ring(pretty much flip the 60mm and attach the 1.4X coupler at the end(?)), however, I'm not sure if this will work (plus in manual mode I will need a different focus ring). So before I start forking $ out again, I wanted to ask if anyone has done that or has any ideas?

     

    I know I can buy a diopter (Subsee or similar) but have read a +10 would be overkill and a +5 would be more than enough?

     

    Basically I need more magnification than what is shown in this video(mostly interested in showing more detail on slow moving subjects(i.e. sea slugs, crustaceans etc..)

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iotatWtYFm0

     

    Any info will greatly be appreciated.

     

    Thank you.

  2. The 1.4 tele will not work on the Canon 60 (I don't think there are any EF-S teleconverters available as of yet, but there might be one soon). I would add a good quality (Marumi) lens to the front of the 60 inside the housing. That will be your best optical bet.

     

    Bill

  3. Hmm, I completely forgot about it. I have a Marumi +10 diopter for my GoPro but I think it has a 55mm thread. Will need to look into buying one for the canon 60mm. Thanks!

  4. the teleconverter is only available over seas. search ebay for "NEW Kenko Tokina Tele Plus HD 1.4X DGX Canon EOS EF EF-S Teleconverter JAPAN F/S"

  5. I have a 1.4x Canon teleconverter (haven't used it in a long time) and in manual mode it's useless(only works with AutoFocus. I mostly shoot in manual mode(meaning with a manual focus ring).

     

    Was just asking if by inverting the 60mm and attach the teleconverter on the outside, whether it will work. Thanks anyway.

    Edited by blueline
  6. I am not sure what you mean by attaching the tele on the outside? If you want killer mag, get a cheap 25-70 zoom (or some such) and reverse it with a reversing ring.

    Bill

  7. Thought I would try my new Nauticam CMC I got for my OMD cameras with my Canon 700D with Canon 60mm macro lens in Nauticam NA-600D housing with new vacuum valve and circuitry.

    Nudi is a juvenile only about 10mm long.

    post-50926-0-91499400-1438275468_thumb.jpg

  8. I have an Ikelite setting. Will the Marumi +10 sit in my fixed port for the Canon 60mm F2.8?

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.