Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus 9-18 with nauticam 4.33 dome

Started by Vagabond ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus 9-18 with nauticam 4.33 dome

3 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Anyone has tried the 9-18 with the nauticam 4.33 in dome no extension.. I have this dome for the fish eye I tried and mechanically seems to work, although the the glass is vey close to the less once fully extended. I wonder if anyone tried and got some quality on their picture and sharpness. I usually use it in the zen dp170 and works well, howevere the lens is so far from the glass I can't as close as I want to the subject...so I keen to try I. The 4.33 dome...knowing that then the next constraint is minimum focus distance.

     

    Thanks

  2. The 4.33" dome is designed for the fisheye lens that focuses at 10cm. The olympus 9-18mm has a 25cm minimum focus distance. So I think the lens will not focus at all unless you use a diopter. For what concerns image quality the increased curve of the dome will deteriorate corners further. I am not even sure your concern is genuine. Measure the zen port on the housing from the camera focus point it is possible that you are already at the minimum distance and can't get closer anyway. I have a Panasonic 7-14 with the wide angle port and I measured against the zen with extension and the port length was the same. The port is anyway shorter than the minimum focus distance so a smaller port wouldn't make any difference except it wouldn't focus

  3. Thank you so much..really appreciate ur feedback.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.