Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Little advice please

Started by JCowie79 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Little advice please

5 posts
  1. Little advice please

     

    Hi all,

     

    Hope ya don't mind a newbie posting in, but I was hoping I might gleam a little information from you more advanced UW photographers. I've been researching for a few months looking to spend about $1500-$2500 on a decent set up. I was leaning towards video but after checking up the resolutions offered I am now leaning towards digital stills. As of this moment I believe I want to buy a Nikon CP 5000 and an Ikelite 6190 to house it in. I"m unsure which strobe lighting setup would be best and which filters if any I should use. Also from the things I've read, I think I should attach a fisheye 19mm wide angle lens. Any comments, criticism, or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

     

    Jeff in hawaii

    :)

  2. Hi Jeff,

     

    I answered you in the other thread.

     

    James

  3. Hi Jeff,

     

    I couldn't find the thread James referred to. You slected between video and still. Video is a completely different media. You can capture sound (not much under sea though...) and movement. I do both and if you want showable results quickly I would recommend video. The quality of video is really excellent. I have a small Sony PC110 and quality is good enough. I know people who use this video in business. Adding background music, titles, effects are very easy in for example iMovie.

     

    I don't know if this was any help, talk to some video guys and some doing still. Watch some homemade videos.

  4. Thanks TJO but I think I'm really leaning toward stills since I have a inkling of perhaps publishing something in the future. Video also seems like it would be good for example to tape a tourists first dive and charge an arm and a leg for the final tape :) I"m still not positive, but I'll bet I'll end up doing both in no time. As a final side note, what do you think of the Sony DCR-TRV25?

     

     

    Jeff

  5. Jeff,

     

    Sorry. I have never used a Sony DCR-TRV25. I had a look on Sony's website and it looks ok. Couldn't find a house for it though.

     

    If you are going to do presentations video is really cool. You can paste QuickTime movies in PowerPoint presentations.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.