Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

FS: Canon T4i / 650D full set up. Ikelite Housing and Strobes.

Started by poggus ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

FS: Canon T4i / 650D full set up. Ikelite Housing and Strobes.

5 posts
  1. Hey everyone!

     

    I'm looking to sell my current DSLR rig. Since moving from Florida to San Francisco it hasn't seen any use, and with a big trip coming up, I'd like to have something smaller. I originally purchased the setup here in mid 2013. ( http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50855 ) After the purchase, I added a macro port and a new Canon 100mm lens for a trip I took to Lembeh. I'll try and list everything and include some good photos. If you have any questions at all, or want some specific photos, don't hesitate to reach out.

     

    Album of images: http://imgur.com/a/ESDKg

     

    Included are:

     

    Canon T4i (650D) w/charger and two batteries. (8,000 shutter actuations)

    Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens

    Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 wide angle lens

    Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens

    Ikelte T4i Housing (6871.65)

    Two Ikelite dual sync cables

    Two Ikelite 9" arms

    Two Ikelite 6" arms

    Six Ikelite ball clamps

    Two Ikelite DS160 substrobes w/brand new charger

    Ikelite 8" dome port (with port body for Sigma 10-20mm)

    Ikelite 5.5" Flat Port (5505.45)

    The old strobe charger got a short in it, so I replaced it with the new one you see in the photos.

     

    The only two issues with the setup are: (1) There's a crack in the black part of the 8" dome. You can see the previous owner put some glue in there. It's unsightly, but doesn't affect the operation at all. (2) On the housing, the arm that powers the camera ON/OFF/VIDEO sometimes makes it difficult to get out of the video position. This really only happens at depth (the most annoying place for it to happen). Once you get used to it, you can figure it out, but it can be pain if you switch to video frequently. I'm planning on shipping off the housing to Ikelite this week for a general service, and I'll mention this to them. I want the housing to be in tip-top shape for whoever buys it.

     

    I'd prefer to keep this whole setup together. My asking price right now is $3600. This will include free shipping. I figure it will be a couple hundred bucks packed and insured, but I'll eat that in order to sell the whole package. Also, I'm willing to throw in the bags you see as well. Would probably make the shipping easier anyways. It's a Thinktank Airport Accelerator, a cheapish Amazon camera backpack, and a Caselogic for the camera body. I'll include those for free if someone buys the whole thing. If you need this quickly for a trip, let me know and I can tell Ikelite the timeline for the service. They can even mail it directly to you when finished.

     

    Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

     

    Cheers!

    Edited by poggus
  2. Still available!

  3. Everything still available. Lowering price to $3300. Will consider parting out next month.

  4. Hi everyone.

     

    It's been a long time, but I finally just got the housing back from Ikelite and they performed a full service. Ready to put this listing back up. $3000 shipped. Thanks!

  5. Bump

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.