Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Stiliger sp.. A new species of sea slug

Started by Nick Hope ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Stiliger sp.. A new species of sea slug

3 posts
  1. I shot this footage of a sacoglossan (sap-sucking slug) in May in the Lembeh Strait.

     

    I was unable to find a match for it in my references, and Terry Gosliner (on the strength of 1 frame grab), reckoned it was a new species of Stiliger sp., so I made a little YouTube video of it.

     

    I particularly like how you can see the material traveling up and down the ducts of the digestive gland.

     

    Shot with my Panasonic GH4 in a Nauticam NA-GH4 housing. I used an Olympus M.Zuiko ED 60mm f2.8 macro lens and a Nauticam CMC. Quite a lot of the shots are cropped from 2160p to 1080p to give more effective magnification.

     

    Edited by Nick Hope
  2. Cool stuff, this just reminds us how much there is still to learn about the creatures of the sea.

  3. wow~ nice to see this video clips

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.