Thanks everyone for the encouragement and constructive comments!
I must say that it means a lot to me for what Alex said about the lens and the photos, from someone who owns so many W/A lenses and has such broad knowledge about photography and optics, and has been judge for so many renowned worldwide competitions. Not to mention having shot and shared so many stunning photos himself. Alex surely gave me much inspiration during our brief meeting in Milan in 2013 discussing future of underwater optics.
After several years of full commitment in underwater lens design I can say that no single one lens is perfect, whether it is Zeiss or Samyang, for land or for underwater. So, this Wet Wide Lens is never meant to be perfect. A good lens design is always a good compromise between cost, size, glasses chosen, complexity and ease of production and quality assurance. I hope I have found a fine and reasonable balance this time.
For some of the questions:
- when used with the RX-100 IV, I had to zoom the camera lens to around 25-26mm equivalent.
- Haven't compared image quality with the Inon lens. I hope someone can do that and tell us what he/she thinks.
- Haven't tried the white balance capability of the camera. All my w/a photos were shot with Magic Filter at sunlight wb and color corrected in post.
- We already tested most versions of Panasonic/Olympus 14-42mm lenses and they all worked with the appropriate ports at all focal lengths.
Greetings from Hong Kong.
Edward