Hi folks!
I have the pleasure of 1/ being in vacations 2/ in avery nice resort (Villa Alba, Bali), whose house reef hosts a school of young barracudas (about 200 i'd say) who i meet on each dive.
Obviously i try to take wide angle pics of the school (currently shootimg micro 4/3, with a 9-18mm lens) but just like any shot of barracudas school, i am not satisfied with what i am getting.
I usually manage to get the barras pretty well aligned, but them they are not all lit the same, some are too bright some not. They easily get burned (contrast too high vs the dart blue water background).
I wish i could post some pics but internet connection is too slow here.
Would you habe any advice on how to get great barracudas shots?
Maybe reduce flash output (but this won't help with heterogeneous lighting)? Maybe shoot ambiant light?
My opportunities to shoot them again are limited as wifey keeps telling me about the great small stuff that she finds while i play in the blue, ans sooner or later we'll switch to macro... (I am the wide angle person).
Thanks in advance for your comments!
Cheers
Nicolas