Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Annoying Final Cut Pro Stutter

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Annoying Final Cut Pro Stutter

3 posts
  1. I use Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1 on my iMac 27with 24gb Ram 3.2 ghz i5 machine with plenty of gb on it. However I seem to have a very annoying glitch with FCP, what happens is that between every clip on the timeline i get almost a "reverse" or stutter at the beginning of each new clip. If I cut a clip in half then I don't get this stutter, but between almost every new clip I get it. I have attached a sample here, 3 clips with 2 stutters so obviously rendering and outputting doesn't get rid of it. Anyone had anything similar? How to get rid of it?

     

    Its almost like the count goes 1,2,3,4,5,4,5,6,7,8

    Sooooo annoying

     

  2. My wife had a similar problem when she went 4K, she had the latest and greatest MacBook Pro 6 years ago, she upgraded her mac pro with the 2015 latest and greatest and no longer has the stutter problem. Hope to dive with you guys again soon.

  3. Try adding a short transition between clips to see at which duration the problem goes away. (or not)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.