Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Canon g16 settings

Started by Sashok ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon g16 settings

5 posts
  1. Hi all

    I am new in photography and just bought canon g16 in fantesia housing

    I am looking for tips and trick and setting advise mostly for warm waters such as red sea

    Thank you all

  2. Take a look here: http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/canon-s90-g11-underwater-settingsThat is mostly what I did with the G15.

     

    I set up C1 for macro (including the lens zoom that gave the best magnification with some reasonable working distance, 13 cm or so as I recall). I setup up C2 for action wide-angle. 1/125s, fast f/stop, widest zoom setting, and auto-ISO

     

    Do you have an external strobe? That would definitely change what you use for Macro.

  3. I just returned from Marsa Alam (Red Sea, Egypt) and had my first session with my Canon G16 in the Fantasea housing, wide angle lens and 2 x INON D2000 strobes.

     

    My standard setting was:

    ISO 80

    f/5.6

    1/125

     

    During the dive I mostly adjust the aperture.

    I like the background with the shutterspeed at 1/125.

    In a cave you will need to increase the ISO.

     

    I am new at UW photography and made around 20 dives with a camera so far.

    But I happy with the results so far.

     

    IMG_1614_zpswwqdygpx.jpg

     

    IMG_1215_zps4ximfjcn.jpg

     

    IMG_1546_zpsnp9fot5c.jpg
    IMG_1752_zps87z7xpfq.jpg
  4. Hi

    Wow pictures are nice

    Did you use any light or strobe?

    And what about white balance?

    Thanks

  5. I have 2 INON strobes (1x S2000 and 1x D2000) which I used at maximum output.

     

    White balance is on automatic and just very small adjustments in Photoshop are needed afterwards.

    (For each picture I increased the color red as I did not have a red filter)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.