Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Diving on the Red Sea Aggressor

Started by Basil ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Diving on the Red Sea Aggressor

4 posts
  1. Here are a few of the better pics from my recent liveaboard trip on the Red Sea Aggressor. I learned a LOT as I practiced, and I can't wait for the next trip, so that I can learn even more!

     

    -Basil

     

    20317659943_17490b488e.jpg

     

     

     

    Egypt Red Sea (9 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

     

    Scorpionfish - he was really well concealed!

     

    20938676925_b145427eb9.jpg

     

     

    Egypt Red Sea (14 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

    I would love it if someone could tell me what this fish is. I assume it is some type of triggerfish??

     

     

    20750728098_f12753b01b.jpg

     

    Egypt Red Sea (7 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

    Ehrenberg's Snapper schooling with some Goatfish

     

     

    20946082401_8b0031e0a3.jpg

     

    Egypt Red Sea (8 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

    Blue Spotted Stingray

     

     

    20751945829_010657e68a.jpg

     

    Egypt Red Sea (10 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

    I would also really like to know what this guy is? He is awfully cute, is he a baby grouper???

     

    Here is the full album on Flickr

     

    https://flic.kr/s/aHskizroyC

    Edited by Basil
  2. Hi Basil

     

    Nice pics. Where were you in the Red Sea? If you get the chance, head down to the southern end: St John's and Furys. Really good down there.

     

    The last pic is a Forster's Hawkfish - common in the Red Sea - otherwise known as Paracirrhites forsteri. 14 is an Orangespine Surgeon fish - Naso lituratus

  3. I was on the southern itinerary of the Red Sea Aggressor, so I think we got to St John's. Thank you for the compliment, and for letting me know what my unidentified fish were!!! I updated my Flickr gallery with the species names.

  4. Your second unknown fish is a Forster's Hawkfish: if you have a close-up you might see the characteristic fan at the end of each dorsal fin ray. They love to swim off just as you focus...

    Edited by tdpriest

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.