Nauticam CMC-1 macro lens on flip adapters compatibility
Started by nudibranco ·
6Posts
6Replies
Read-only discussion
Nauticam CMC-1 macro lens on flip adapters compatibility
6 posts
I just purchased the CMC-1 macro lens from Nauticam. I already own a number of ports and I also own the 4" dome port which I use more now with the 12-50mm lens and 60mm olympus macro.
I have used successfully the UCL-02 I-Das macro on the flip adapter to get reasonable macro on the 50mm focal length and some super macro on the 60mm one.
However I expected the CMC-1 lens to fit as well and it does not as it protrudes back too much. The extender included in the CMC-1 package would make it work but the outer ring does not allow it to screw it into the flip adapter (any flip adapter from Nauticam it seems as I tried on another 67mm one as well). I attached a photo.
Has anybody tried this or found some adapter to allow extension to fit the CMC into any Nauticam flip port?
Andrea
Not sure if this would help, but worse case is to modify the flip adapter?
Hi. This may not help, but the SagaDive Flip Adapter takes the CMC without the extender ring without problem. The rear of the CMC just clears the port glass with fairly optimal close positioning. The newer style 67mm securing ring from SagaDive is needed as their original style one did obstruct the CMC.
See photos below.
Mark
I think the extender should only be required to attach directly to the port. The flip diopter for the 4" wide angle port is declared to be compatible so what's happening to you is not expected
thanks for all the feedback . I must say Nauticam should revise its compatibility chart or make it clearer on how it could work with the flip diopter. I will probably get one or two 67mm rings to add the extra space I need on the 4" dome port.