Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW image on the A7sII and A7rII

Started by Timccr ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW image on the A7sII and A7rII

2 posts
  1. I think this sounds quite exciting. I wonder what others think, specifically how much will it extend the depths to which I can shoot with available light? I am based mainly in the Med where shooting with available light seems really tough and I have sadly pretty much given up.

  2. I think the difference between Sony's RAW Lossy compression and 14-bit RAW will not make a great deal of difference underwater. While a welcome addition to the A7S II and A7R II the 14-bit difference will be most noticeable with long exposures like star trails and other night photography.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.