They do seem to be sensitive things but after replacing both the sensor and the pump, mine is working well. It's very reassuring to see that little light flashing away.
As others have learned, when this little "system" isn't working reliably, it becomes easy to ignore warnings, which are in fact telling us that something is amiss. During my first dives when the sensor was being weird, I did a couple of dives in the Blue Hole in Belize, where I was down to almost 200'. I got an orange or red light at depth (hard to tell which at that depth) but I couldn't surface anyway, so I just kept on shooting while keeping an eye on my camera. Eventually I noticed some moisture in the bottom of my dome. As tempted as I was to write this off as condensation, it seemed like a lot. At any rate, it turned out that I did have a tiny issue with the o-ring around my dome, I replaced it, and everything was fine...
I was going to add also, that I think that "lubricants" like WD-40 are absolutely the worst things to use on o-rings. These are petroleum-based products and will destroy o-rings very quickly.
This image is from that dive...
