Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony A7 Nikonos 15mm Test Image

Started by ianmarsh ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony A7 Nikonos 15mm Test Image

6 posts
  1. I took this in a pool a few weeks ago:

     

    Sony A7, Nauticam NA-A7, Nauticam 180 viewfinder, Nikonos 15mm

    Apparent distance 1 foot (measured), f/11, 160 second, Manual Mode, Auto ISO @ 200

    Focused with Focus Peaking.

     

    I was looking for corner sharpness with rectilinear lens, avoiding use of a large dome.

    (I had a little trouble getting the target flat due to spacing of the suction cups vs grout lines. The grout in the corners may be the best indicator of sharpness.

    I can't post a JPEG larger than 1000kb)

     

    I was looking for a relatively lightweight, rectilinear wide angle travel rig.

     

    The orange discolouration is sunlight filtered through forest fire smoke, filtered through pool water:(

     

    Looking for opinions, suggestions, comments and discussion:)

    post-35542-0-89732300-1443972493_thumb.jpg

  2. Looks great - sharper corners than 99% of uw shots I've seen, however to comment, we need the full size:)

     

    I need this lens on an Ikelite housing :cake:

  3. Hmmmmmm. So when the A7 + Nikonos 15mm are considered against full frame DSLR for wide angle underwater...

     

    Pros:

    Beautiful corners

    Slightly smaller rig

    Much smaller dome/lens on the front

     

    Cons:

    Battery life

    Manual focus only (not much of an issue on the 15mm)

    Negatively buoyant?

    The cost of change

     

    I have to admit to being slightly conflicted on my next upgrade, and hoping that what Canon does with the 5D4 will give me an easy decision. Having a 15mm Nikonos lens kicking around doesn't help either!

  4. Liz, I'll take that 15mm Nikonos off your hands -- to help simplify your decision :)

  5. While I think I could justify to my Dad that I have borrowed it (given he hasn't used his Nik Vs in a few years), justifying sending it to the States might be a little harder. Your offer is otherwise excellent :-)

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.