Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Relative low light and video capabilities of Nikon Cameras

Started by TomR1 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Relative low light and video capabilities of Nikon Cameras

2 posts
  1. I need to purchase a Nikon camera for low light video. I am not housing the camera. I need to take videos of a solar eclipse. FX or DX doesn't really matter. I will be taking stills with my d-300 and a 170-500 Sigma lens but want to take video with my 70-300 Sigma lens.

     

    The corona of an eclipse is about as bright as a full moon.

     

    Anybody have expertise out there?

  2. Hi Tom,

     

    If you want the best low light, high iso camera ever made by anybody I'd buy some variant of Sony A7S.

     

    If you care about in camera UHD recording and in body image stabilization, buy this one:

    http://www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-7sm2

     

    and if you don't, buy this one:

    http://www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-7s

     

    and one of these if you want to use your Nikon lenses (you'll set aperture on the adaptor)

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1002616-REG/metabones_mb_nfg_e_bm1_nikon_g_mount_lens.html/prm/alsVwDtl

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.