Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Simple Identification Help

Started by matfar ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Simple Identification Help

2 posts
  1. Dear Forum members,

    I have an image which I need a scientific name and a common name. The pictures was shot in Pemba Africa and I normally dive in the Mediterranean that is why I am not so familiar. I need this to be precise as they might be published. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

     

    AM i correct to say it is a

    Coral Polyps (Feathery Xenid)

     

    Thank you

    post-32946-0-39941500-1444679659_thumb.jpg

    Edited by matfar
  2. Family: Xeniidae

    Genus: Xenia

    Species: Xenia sp. (someone might know specifically, but these are really hard to identify at species level)

    Common Names (from more common to less common): Pom Pom Xenia, Pom Pom Coral, Pulse Coral, Waving Hand Coral

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.