Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam G7X with CMC

Started by V_kids ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam G7X with CMC

5 posts
  1. Hi Guys,

    yesterday i went diving with my new "set-up" gears

    I added 2 Mega arms Inons for my kits

    here is the picture

     

    Nauticam%20G7X%20Macro%20Set%20INT_zpsk5

     

     

    I was surprised by how heavy this kits.

    Last week I went diving without Inon mega arms. I was Super heavy underwater. I can't take a macro picture by using one hand only, it was too heavy...

     

    Then yesterday, after i added 2 mega arms inons, It's still negative buoyancy :o

    I thought It would be neutral underwater :(

    Maybe for the next dive I will add 2 nauticam carbons arms (25cm each) for this kit.

    anyway, here are some pics from yesterday :)

     

    IMG_0534%20int_zpsqi8wrxag.jpg

     

     

    IMG_0468%20telor%20int_zpsbosnqkxs.jpg

     

     

    IMG_0464%20ok%20int%20udanggg_zpsbetx94q

     

     

    IMG_0391%20int%20nudi_zpsgomie3x5.jpg

     

     

     

    IMG_0577%20int_zpscdzj977o.jpg

     

     

    IMG_0522%20Bintang%20int_zpslybezd3b.jpg

     

     

    IMG_0394%20int%20kerapu%202_zpsg75bqs0b.

     

     

    IMG_0376%20int%20udang%201cm_zpsvsjqs6bt

     

     

    thx

    Edited by V_kids
  2. Congratulations for your pictures!

     

    Regarding the floats:
    I have a Nauticam LX100 with 2 INON Z-240 and a SubSee +10 diopter and my rig is very heavy too.

    I bought some years ago this http://www.easydive.it/it/galleggianti/51-easyfloat.html it's a sheet of hard, closed cell foam probably used to build deep-sea buoys and yoi can easily cut it with a circular saw and sand it.

     

    I cut it in rectangular stripes of the size of ULCS arms, glued 3 of them together and - to add strengt - coverd them with a thin layer of marine epoxy.

     

    3/4 of this sheet will make my Hugyfot D800 housing with dome slightly positive so i can add lead fishing weights to make the housing perfectly neutral.

    For my LX100 rig i use about half of the sheet and have added 4 big stix floats and it is slightly negative with the FIX NEOS 2500 video light attached.

     

    Below you see a picture of the floats i built and still held together with zip-ties

     

    It is my personal believe that air filled floats are not very useful (except made of expensive carbon) as the pressure resistant housing add some extra weight.

    Chris

     

    post-31002-0-35135000-1398608142_thumb.jpg
    Edited by ChrigelKarrer
  3. Brought CMC with my Meikon housing and found it is not compatible like Subsee.

  4. Just returned from tulamben-Bali

    Got some pictures to share :)

     

    IMG_1209%20int_zpspeawptea.jpg

     

     

    IMG_1202%20nudi_zpsprognzh3.jpg

     

     

    IMG_1285%20boxer%20int_zpsiqkxbm5k.jpg

     

     

    IMG_1168%20int_zps7vtjeibi.jpg

     

     

    baby frog fish

    IMG_1142%20baby_zpsjt8aapcq.jpg

  5. Very nice setup!

    Are you happy with the i-Torch focus light?I have almost the same settings, but I use a iDiving 2500 lumens focus light. the torch is great, the problem is that its very very heavy.

    What I do to compensate the negative buoyancy of the camera, I add fishing buoys on the arms, and they help a lot.

     

    60ff45976658088df352ed3413a57cad.jpg

     

    471b7cf1a57d3ac8765b828ea1570b2e.jpg

     

    Cheers!

    Edited by lepoulet50
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.