Hi,
which autofocus settings / mode are you using? I formerly used on surface only one center field .....how do you ensure, that exactly that point is sharp you want to have?
Regards Sascha
Read-only discussion
Hi,
which autofocus settings / mode are you using? I formerly used on surface only one center field .....how do you ensure, that exactly that point is sharp you want to have?
Regards Sascha
I always use single point focus, whether topside or UW. If your point of interest is off-center, you can move the focus point, use focus-recompose or crop in post to get your desired composition.
Topside I use CF with the focus decoupled from the shutter (one button on the back of the body is programmed to activate AF), UW I've found that single focus on the shutter works best for me.
--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug
Hi Sascha
Like Storker, I use single focus point topside or UW. I've tried various other things - especially the 3D mode - but always go back to single. I find that best for wide-angle where you are not dealing, usually, with moving objects; and for macro. I did use the 3D again recently for shooting pods of fast-moving dolphins and got some real keepers. But, back to single after that!
I use AF-C 3D for macro and AF-C AUTO Area for wide angle.
Very occasionally use AF-C with single point.
http://wetpixel.com/articles/field-review-nikon-d750-and-nauticam-na-d750/P3
ALex
Alex, your generosity sharing your expertise is much appreciated, even by people who ought to know what they are doing by now...
I use AF-C 3D for macro and AF-C AUTO Area for wide angle.
Very occasionally use AF-C with single point.
http://wetpixel.com/articles/field-review-nikon-d750-and-nauticam-na-d750/P3
ALex
Hi Alex, with AF-C do you use release or shutter priority?
Sascha
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.