Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Dome or wet lens for wide angle on m4/3? (Inon H100 w dome element)

Started by tamas970 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Dome or wet lens for wide angle on m4/3? (Inon H100 w dome element)

1 posts
  1. I am seeking the best (or second best) wide option for micro 4/3. Which is better?

     

    Panasonic 7-14+dedicated dome port

    Panasonic 14-45+Inon H100 wide converter with its dome counterpart?

     

    I am asking absolute performance here, right now I am on E-PL5 with a 10bar semidome (9-18+14-42) but disappointed in the 9mm performance.

     

    Pawel Achtel's article on the Nikonos lenses suggest me that wet-lens type solutions - if done right - should be the best. I also have very nice results with the UFL-G140 and gopro 4 at 4k.

    How is it with other real-world wide converters? (Unfortunately nikonos is not an potion for micro 4/3). I found a discourageing sample with h100 here, VERY strong CA and IQ degradation towards the edges. (Maybe the dome was not on?)

     

    Has anyone tried the h100 with the dome on a micro 4/3 (or larger) system and would share a sample shot (100% crop on the edge)?

    Edited by tamas970

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.