Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

A6000 >> Macro >> has anyone succeeded using the canon 60mm macro ? ...need your advice

Started by Eitan Ben Tsvi ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

A6000 >> Macro >> has anyone succeeded using the canon 60mm macro ? ...need your advice

3 posts
  1. Yes I know about the sony 90mm ($1100) new macro lens
    but trying to check one of this 2 options:
    1. The canon 60mm macro + adapter ( commlite ) : total $500
    2. Sigma 60mm + extension tube + a diopter(+10) : total $300
    The second option, is very similar to the way I'm shooting today ....with the 16-50 lens,and with surprising results
    (And I already have a diopter) ....but with by far much better and sharper lens
    The first one is a great macro lens ! with one of the best adaptors today....but the AF will not be the fastest....
    so I don't know if it will be a good WORKING SOLUTION
    What do you think ? has any one tried one of this combinations




    .
    Edited by yaronad
  2. I have shot with the canon 60 and adapter. What I do is set the focus long before shooting; and use the manual move the camera forward and back to get the shot. Works fine if a bit slow. Trying to use autofocus with any of these adapters (so far) seems hopeless.

    Bill

  3. I have shot with the canon 60 and adapter. What I do is set the focus long before shooting; and use the manual move the camera forward and back to get the shot. Works fine if a bit slow. Trying to use autofocus with any of these adapters (so far) seems hopeless.

    Bill

    THX for the feedback - If there is no AF it cancels the option.....for me :)

     

    What is your opinion....on the other option. as an upgrade to the current setup - but not a real macro ?

     

     

     

     

    Edited by yaronad
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.