Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica 5DMK3 and Nauticam HDMI

Started by escape ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica 5DMK3 and Nauticam HDMI

7 posts
  1. Hi, anyone using Aquatica 5dmk3 housing with Nauticam hdmi bulkhead?

    If yes, what size of thread?

    Enough space for hdmi cable inside housing?

    Thanks!

  2. Aquatica housing have NON threaded 16 mm hole through, and thickness of the wall about 5 mm, Nauticam have threaded port M16x1. I think you do not have enough threads on Nauticam bulkhead connector to put security nut (to hold the bulkhead connector for Aquatica). You need length of the thread for the bulkhead, at least 12 mm.

  3. This are some pictures, which might help to understand issue between length of the threads:

    Aquatica%20Nauticam%20comparison.jpg20150428_172059_1.jpg20150428_172332_1.jpg1238.jpg

  4. One more picture

    0127.jpg

  5. Thanks a lot much appreciated!

  6. Aquatica housing have NON threaded 16 mm hole through, and thickness of the wall about 5 mm, Nauticam have threaded port M16x1. I think you do not have enough threads on Nauticam bulkhead connector to put security nut (to hold the bulkhead connector for Aquatica). You need length of the thread for the bulkhead, at least 12 mm.

     

    Hi, What external monitor do you use? I never saw this kind of bulkhead. Must say I like this connection more than ma Wahoo HD monitor bulkhead.

    Regards

     

    Alex

  7. This is a custom bulkhead connector. I developed for all brands of the housings, for different port sizes. For this housing i used own 5" HDMI monitor.

    DNC-5%20and%205D%20mark%20iii.jpg

    Bulkhead%20connectors%20M12%20M14%20M16.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.